RT Burns Club

*Federation No. 2085*

Forums

Forum Home > BURNS FILM STATUS > Gerard Butler becomes Glasgow film ambassador and shakes up 'Burns'

rtburnsclan
Site Owner

At a ceremony on December 1 in Glasgow Scotland, Gerard Butler was officially launched as the first Ambassador for Glasgow Film Office (GFO).   The 300 and Law Abiding Citizen Scottish-born star will serve an initial two-year term in the effor to help attract film and broadcast activity to Glasgow through the Glasgow Film Partnership.

Priorto the launch, Butler commented "I'm very honoured to be asked to beGlasgow Film Office's ambassador. Anything I can do to support thelocal film and television industry is worthwhile.

"I wishGlasgow Film Office every success in the launch of the Glasgow FilmPartnership and hope the benefits of this new initiative will lead toincreased production in the city very soon."

He further said,“Glasgow is a great place to make movies.  You can shoot anything herefrom urban and contemporary to rural and period. The crews arefantastic and it is an easy city to get around rather than spending theendless hours in traffic when you make movies elsewhere.”

Filmcommissioner for Glasgow Film Office, Jennifer Reynolds, said "I amabsolutely thrilled that Gerard Butler has agreed to become ourambassador. His profile helps lend credibility to Glasgow and combinedwith his support for our office, he will help to publicize Glasgowwithin the film industry.

"He shares with Glasgow Film Officea strong passion for raising the profile of the city and we lookforward to future collaborations and opportunities to promote Glasgowtogether."

Gerard recently demonstrated his support for Glasgow by holding the UK premiere of his latest film, Law Abiding Citizen,in the city.  Fans from all over the world attended the event on a coldNovember Sunday evening in celebration of the first project from hisproduction company Evil Twins.

Evil Twins is currently developing a project close to Gerard's heart, Burns, a film centered on the Scottish poet.

Attached to the film since 2004, Butler recently told Empire Magazine,"Burns will happen...  We are kind of shaking the whole thing up rightnow.  I think we're going to try a different writer and see if we canhave a different approach because it's not been without problems, butit's definitely a story that should be told."

It is hoped this new approach will make the film more commercially attractive, by making it more fun and romantic.

http://www.examiner.com/x-30536-Gerard-Butler-Examiner~y2009m12d1-Gerard-Butler-Shakes-Up-Burns?cid=exrss-Gerard-Butler-Examiner

January 2, 2010 at 8:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.