RT Burns Club

*Federation No. 2085*

Forums

Forum Home > HAPPY BURNS NIGHT ALL!!!!! - SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - OUR GROUP NOW PART OF THE ROBERT BURNS WORLD FEDERATION > OUR 1ST COMPETITION - LOGO

ladyalexandria

I hope everyone out there tonight will have a most glorious Burns Nightand for those who have already attended one, I hope it was a night ofpure Magic.

Some of you may know that Rosemarie and I foundedour original RT Burns Group in 2007 and have been working tirelessly toensure that the Burns Flame burns brightly and will continue to burnbrightly. We have a true passion for Robert Burns and for all thingsScotland. Robert Burns is a name that should be know in all corner ofthe globe as he is a poet far ahead of his time.

Rosemarie and Ilove to connect and link like minded people who share a passion forRobert Burns, Scotland and music. I Learned from Rosemarie and I willbe forever grateful for her friendship. Her and her entire family arespecial and rare people. Without her there would be no RT Burns.

Wehad very first Gathering at the Oran Mor in July 2009 and it was asmash success, because of all the artists who gratefully donated theirtime and talents to two great Scottish Charities, Yorkville Children'sHospital and the National Trust Of Scotland, Robert Burns BirthplaceMuseum. But most of all to Rosemarie and her family who without themthe event would not be possible and ,my hat goes off to them.

Now to our special announcement.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Rt Burns Club is now OFFICIAL A PART OF - ROBERT BURNS WORLD FEDERATION, here is a link to their site:

http://www.worldburnsclub.com/

Thisis a huge honor for us on a Grand Scale!!! This makes all our effortsworthwhile and it was a grand day for us when we heard the news thatour application was approved!!!

In honor of RT Burns becoming members OF THE ROBERT BURNS WORLD FEDERATION we have a very special Competition.

Our 1ST Competition for RT Burns Club will be to Design a RT Burns Club LOGO ( crest) for us.

This LOGO will be used on our New Official Robert Burns Website here:

http://www.rtburnsclub.com/

and as well here at our Facebook RT BURNS.

Soeveryone please get the ideas flowing and as soon as we get ourFederation Number we will post it as we would like that to be in ourOfficial Group Logo.

We are a listing of the awesome prizes we will be offering to date:

1) 2 Robert Burns commemorative mugs - Donated by Mither Tongue

2) 2 Somethin for Aabody books - Donated by Mither Tongue

3) Robert Burns gold finish 250th medallions - Donated by Fed Mackenzie

www.robertburns-gifts .com

4) Signed CD from Shona McMillan - People and Songs of The Sea

5) Signed Gari Glayser CD

More details will be posted this week about our RT BURNS CLUB LOGO COMPETITION so stay tuned.

Thankyou to all of you for your support and encouragement, it means theworld and without that we would not be where we are today.

HAPPY BURNS NIGHT WHERE EVER YOU ARE!!!!!!

IT IS INDEED A MOST WONDERFUL HONOR FOR RT BURNS CLUB TO BE NOW AN OFFICIAL MEMBER OF THE ROBERT BURNS WORLD FEDERATION.

Please watch this week for further RT Burns Club Logo Competition information, rules etc.

Warm regards,

Lady Alex and Rosemarie.

Please feel free to message either of us if you have any questions 

--

Please support this amazing Petition:

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/robert-burns-international-airport.html

I shall forever support The Legend That is Robert Burns and The Hero That is Sir William Wallace - SCOTLAND THE BRAVE!!  FREEDOM!!!

January 25, 2010 at 8:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kirsten Easdale

Greetings to all on this day!

"But ye whom social pleasure charms,

Whose hearts the tide of kindness warms,

Who hold your being on the terms,

'Each aid the others,'

Come to my bowl, come to my arms,

My friends, my brothers!"

Robert Burns

Epistle to J. Lapraik

An Old Scottish Bard

April 1. 1785

January 25, 2010 at 11:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Beth L.

Grand News! and Congratulations to both you, Alexandria, and Rose!!  It is wonderful to see this beautiful site growing in all things R. Burns!  A very Happy Robert Burns Day to everyone!

--

January 25, 2010 at 10:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ladyalexandria

Thank you both and it is all because of members like you

Stay tuned for Logo Competition details to be posted soon

--

I shall forever support The Legend That is Robert Burns and The Hero That is Sir William Wallace - SCOTLAND THE BRAVE!!  FREEDOM!!!

January 26, 2010 at 8:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ladyalexandria

Here is another prize for our Crest/Logo Competition from our Newest Honorary Member - Sheena Wellington - donate for the raffle a signed copy of "Hamely Fare" which has theScottish Parliament Opening (1999) version of " A Man's A Man" on it.

--

January 26, 2010 at 9:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.