RT Burns Club

*Federation No. 2085*

Forums

Forum Home > Burns Enthusiasts - Virtual Letters > Ayr Burns Club President Margaret Morrall, Office Bearers, and Members forward Kindred Greetings to Burnsians World Wide for 25th January 2010

ladyalexandria

Ayr Burns Club PresidentMargaret Morrall, Office Bearers, and Members forward Kindred Greetingsto Burnsians World Wide for 25th January 2010

Our Annual Tribute Wreath laying Ceremony held at the George Lawson Burns Statue in Ayr, 12 noon on 25th January 2010

PrimarySchools Robert Burns Club Presidents paid tribute with South AyrshireCouncil Provost Winifred Sloan: Ayr Burns Club President MargaretMorrall(their founder):

Dean of Ayr Guildry John Walker: John ScottMSP Ayrshire Associatin of Burns Clubs President Jim Thomson: ScottishAgricultural Colleg Representative

Opportunity in Retirement Ayr: and many others

South Ayrshire Council Provost Winifred Sloan with Ayr Grammar Robert B urns Club Choir

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Happy Burns Day from Alloway Rotary Club

Kindred Greetings from The Rotary International Club of Alloway on this the 251st Year from the Birth of Robert Burns

We have been having our Annual Birthday Burns Supper here in the Horizon Hotel on the Esplandade, Ayr.

Part President Farrell of Alloway Burns Club Proposing The Immortal Memory of Robert Burns

Rotarian Bill Grant  "Holy Wullie's Prayer

Have fun with Robert Burns this January

Rotarian Tom Morrall

Honorary President Alloway Burns Club

--

Please support this amazing Petition:

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/robert-burns-international-airport.html

I shall forever support The Legend That is Robert Burns and The Hero That is Sir William Wallace - SCOTLAND THE BRAVE!!  FREEDOM!!!

January 26, 2010 at 6:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ladyalexandria

Dear fellow Burnsians,

I have much pleasure in sending yourgreetings from The Burns Club of London. We are proud to be number 1 onthe roll of The Robert Burns World Federation. Our greetings are latein being sent (for which I apologise) but are no less sincere for that.I have just returned from the third of my five Burns events thisseason, though I acknowledge that is not a good reason for being late.

TheBurns Club of London held a splendid Birthday Festival Dinner, attendedby 147 people on Saturday 23 January and then at 12:30 on 25 January wemet at the statue in Victoria Embankment Gardens to lay a laurel wreathand a red rose.

Last year we marked the 250th anniversary ofthe great man's birth by taking part in a special service inWestminster Abbey. During the ceremony we laid a wreath below the bustof Robert Burns in Poets' Corner. The picture below shows the wreathlaying party, consisting of Neil Esslemont (Honorary Piper, ClarkMcGinn (President), Jim Henderson (Honorary President) and Jim'sgrandchildren, under Burns' bust.

Jim Henderson

Honorary Secretary

The Burns Club of London

698 Kenton Lane

Harrow

HA3 6AB

Tel: 020 8954 2586

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Burnsians

Wein Houston are just about recovered from our Burns Supper of 350 on the23rd followed by a gathering of about 30 at our Burns Bust in the cityfollowed by an afternoon of Burns poems & songs and Scottish Triviaat a local hostelry.

Here's a photo of the Past Chieftains at the Bust

Robert Boyd

Chieftain

Heather & Thistle Society

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dear Friends,

Greetingsfrom the village of Alloway, Scotland. You will be well aware of RobertBurns's 'Welcome Willie Stewart'. Well, I am a present day WillieStewart. and my home is about 800 yards from Robert Burns's Cottage inthe village of Alloway. I did visit BC away back in the early 1990'sand was pleased to watch your pipe band perform so well in Glasgow in2009. Well done.

Yours sincerely,

William Stewart.

--

Please support this amazing Petition:

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/robert-burns-international-airport.html

I shall forever support The Legend That is Robert Burns and The Hero That is Sir William Wallace - SCOTLAND THE BRAVE!!  FREEDOM!!!

January 26, 2010 at 9:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.